Next generation SIL rated warning signals
- D1x explosion proof sounder and beacon achieve EN54 CPR, MED and DNV approval
- New intrinsically safe versions of GNExCP7 and STExCP8 call points
- Class I Zone 1 and Div 2 approval for STExCP8 call point range
- New D2x range Div 2 and Zone 2 alarm horns and speakers
- New loudspeaker versions plus approval upgrade
- STEx range extension of DNV type approval
- Next generation SIL rated warning signals
- New & Upgraded Alarm Horn Sounders - D1xS
- New & Upgraded Xenon & LED Beacons - GNExB2 & STExB2
- New & Upgraded Alarm Horn Sounders - GNExS & STExS
- AlertAlarm, AlertAlight & Sonora product series upgrade
- M series upgrade - new alarm horn sounder electronics in IP66/67 Type 4/4X/13 enclosures
- E2S upgrades its signaling beacons with super bright outputs and additional configuration options
- The world’s most extensive range of MCPs has been improved – again
- E2S launches the brightest ever hazardous location UL1971 LED fire alarm beacon
- E2S major on hazardous area integrated warning device assemblies at ADIPEC
- D1xB2 explosion proof SIL2 signals at NFPA 2019
- STEx 316 stainless steel signals - DNV approved
- New D1xB2 beacons launched at OTC 2019
- STExCP8 call points - now SIL2 compliant
- E2S exhibits at ADIPEC 2018
- D2x LED & Xenon beacons - next gen UL1971 signals
- Global GRP - the GNEx solution
- The brightest lights at NFPA 2018
- OTC 2018 is all about the LED
Next generation SIL rated warning signals
E2S Warning Signals, the world’s leading independent manufacturer of life safety notification signals for industrial, marine and hazardous areas, are pleased to announce their next generation of SIL1 and SIL2 compliant warning devices.
The D1x, GNEx, STEx, AlertAlarm and AlertAlight ranges of alarm horn sounders, LED and Xenon Strobe beacons, plus combination sounders with beacons, are now available with SIL1 and SIL2 compliance as standard. This globally approved range of signals provide the ultimate in life safety notification in both hazardous area and safe area applications.
Expert third party PFD analysis of the extensive product reliability data available for these product ranges confirms SIL1 and SIL2 compliance. Assessed as per the guidance stipulated in IEC 61508 (2010) Random Hardware Failures and Systematic Failures – Route 2H. The system type is classified as B, as per clause 22.214.171.124.2. As compliance is achieved in a 1oo1 architecture no duplication or redundancy of devices is required (as demanded by products that are only SIL2 compliant when in a 1oo2 architecture).
The D1x, GNEx, STEx, AlertAlarm and AlertAlight ranges now provide engineers and specifiers with a comprehensive and reliable solution required for SIL rated safety systems, combined with the latest features, superior performance and established benefits of selecting E2S products.
In addition to the standard SIL1 and SIL2 compliance described above, the unique E2S SIL2 diagnostic module can be specified, providing an industry leading solution for safety systems requiring warning signals with active diagnostics and SIL2 compliance via Route 1H in a 1oo1 configuration. The module is factory integrated with the signal electronics allowing the diagnostic circuitry to assess the audible or visual output of the sounder or beacon. Any detected power supply failure or failure-to-activate event is reported back to the controlling system via the diagnostic relay output. Xenon strobe beacon signals with the module feature a diagnostic coverage of >98% and a Safe Failure Fraction of >99%. Alarm Horn sounders with the module have a diagnostics coverage of >98% and a SFF of >97%. The SIL2 diagnostic module product version is now available across the D1x, BEx, GNEx and STEx ranges of explosion proof audible and visual signals in marine grade aluminium, GRP or stainless steel enclosures.
For safety system initiation the E2S ranges of break glass manual call points and push buttons with, tool reset, momentary and dual action are also SIL1 and SIL2 compliant as standard. View the range here.
Please contact your local representative or E2S salesperson for further information.